These are the best thing that I have found to fix the blade wire to the socket. It is a 8mm ring terminal with a solder loop that is used to fix the wire. Here is how it works:
1. Slide the insulating tubing on the wire (after you have removed the insulation from the part that will be connecting to the socket.)
2. Slide a 3/4" long piece of 1/8" shrink tubing over the insulating tubing.
3. Double the wire that is outside of the insulating tubing back onto it's self and stick 1/2" back inside the insulating tubing.
4. Slide the ring terminal solder loop down the wire until it rests on the insulating tubing.
5. Proceed to wrap the wire around the solder loop tightly.
6. Slide the shrink tubing back up and onto the wire-wrapped solder loop.
7. Heat the shrink tubing so that it forms a tight cover on the solder loop of the ring terminal.
You now have a sturdy ring terminal fixed to you blade wire so you can tighten the socket screws as tight as you want and not cut the wire!
Sold in packs of 10.